The internet is the biggest and most dynamic marketing and advertising instrument and with proper Search engine optimization and marketing, even the growth of small businesses and start-ups can be accelerated.
Here are some efficient Search engine optimization guidelines for small business:
- Content – Content material has to be catchy and convincing because it is the content that will make your guests acquire your products or services. Keep away from fluff and frills with artificially induced keywords and phrases, as this practice does not work any more and it will do more harm than good. Good content will make your online business look alive, attractive and welcoming.
- Blog – A company blog or an e-commerce website blog can be a permanent source of quality content. Use it to present the company, its best products and practices, tips and tricks, thus staying in touch with the users.
- Key phrases – This term is the most crucial one to an effective company marketing. Originally, when internet marketing and advertising was the latest trend, solitary keywords were used and they yielded a nice outcome. But right now, people tend to use phrases to make a search. Use analytics tools to uncover the most popular types.
- SEO Related Tags – Check your HTML code and optimize your SEO Tags: unique title tags, H1 on each page, attractive meta descriptions and URL architecture.
- Sitemap – Create a sitemap, set the priorities and importance of your internal links and submit it to Google Webmaster Tools and Bing Webmaster Tools. This will give the Search Engines clues about your main pages and content and how to index it.
- Damaged backlinks – It is crucial to mend the broken backlinks on time. Search engines do not rank websites that have broken backlinks. If you work on WordPress platform, use the plugin that retains a check on broken back links and informs you so you take action in time.
- Updating and indexing – As your services update periodically, you must index your website as well. Updating and upgrading of the website is important as well, as your list of products or services might change.
- Website speed – When talking about SEO guidelines for small businesses, the speed of the website demands specific attention. The quicker the website loads and displays, the more you keep your customers satisfied. The Search Engines also take into consideration the website speed, causing a fast website to rank higher than a slower one.
- Local search – We begin to make our searches more and more local, looking for service providers in our area. Thanks to Google Local Business registration, local search is “the“ term today.
- Individual correspondence – To better understand and rank your website, search engines look for other sites linking to yours. Since spamming with your website is not recommended, it’s a better idea to contact your business partners or your suppliers and ask them to link to your website.
- The URL structure – If your URL is related to the content on the page, search engines will choose to show your page instead of less relevant ones.
- Internal linking – Connect your product pages, your blog posts, make the user go “deeper” into the site, suggest similar products and interests.
- The 404 redirects – Make sure that the users will be redirected to your home-page or a landing page if they clicked on a broken link or a deleted page.
- PPC account. Using Google AdWords gets actual search volume for your keywords. It costs money, but it’s worth the investment.
- These are some of the basic tactics every website owner should apply in order to establish a fair position in the SERPs. If you need to start a professional SEO campaign, contact us for a quote and we will suggest the best SEO plan for your needs and budget.